Friday, January 7, 2011

ART

Some days I just feel down and out about my art. I feel like it's the worst thing in the world and that I'm the most mediocre, blandest, most boring and unoriginal artist that ever tried to compete with these great artists that I see.

However, when I actually stop to think about it, thos great artists that I admire didn't become good artists until they were much older than I. I forget that I am still young and still have my whole life ahead of me to improve my art. Thing is, I also realize that some of those artists that I used to go all gaga over are not that good. They aren't bad, but they aren't as good as I thought they were. I've surpassed them. If that can happen, maybe it will continue to happen over the course of my life.

I also think that taking art classes have really improved my art because I'm forced to stretch and grow and do things that I hate, but they make me a better artist, no matter how much I complain about them. It's true, I'll never have a love for perspective but I now understand it. I still hate landscapes but now I can make better backgrounds for my subjects. It's seems like I'd never understand the human body but now they don't look all stiff or having broken bones.

And the truth is, no matter how much I sucked, I love art. I would work and work until I was the best, and I do. I've dedicated my life to this and I intend to see it through. I've found that doing what you love is still the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I don't regret a single moment of it. So those of you who feel like you suck, get out there and do it because you love it! Do it because you have the opportunity to. Do it because if you're really an artist, you'll be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment