Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Being an Artist

Once again, being an art student has shown me that it is no easy degree to earn. Having to earn a degree means hard work. This has been especially daunting for me today as I realized just how little I know about art, despite the fact that I know more about art than my entire family combined(with the exclusion of my little sister. She knows almost as much as I know).

It's intimidating to know how much work I'm going to have to do in order to get a good grade this semester. Thing is, before I know it, the semester will have flown by and I'll realize that though the class was hard, I was able to finish it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But besides all that, I feel a satisfaction deep within my soul that I'm finally on the path to being a real artist and knowing that I can do it if I can just try. The worst that could happen is that I will not graduate, but I'll still be an artist anyway. It's in the blood.

And now for a more interesting side note: starting today, at the end of my blog, I'm going to try to put up the random quote of the day. It will usually be something I've heard a non-famous person, i.e., my friend say or something that I've heard in the past and found funny. Today it is this:
Ker: What if your mom turned into a spider?
Steph: My mother would never turn into a spider!

2 comments:

  1. But what if you turned into to a spider!!! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the intimidated feeling, I feel that way about just about all my classes... except jewelry class for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete